Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I can sew again!

Well the kiddies went back to school yesterday... Whoo Hoo! I know that sounds terrible, but I was just stuck in a rut of not being able to sew much at all! Now look what I've done in the last few days... A handbag for ME! Although my Mum has already spotted it.. so I don't think I'll get to keep it for long!

Also some things for my New Store on Oz Handmade! Notebook covers, pencil rolls, book bags...





A set of two pillow slips for a friend! Her second set! She now has about 8 pillows all piled on her bed - and it looks so sweet!




A Chenille Raggy Quilt for the new store too...



And I finally finished one of my 'Stacked Coins' quilts. This one is baby size, and I love it, looks so sweet, and I've backed ot with flannelette so it's sooo soft!




So many of my favourite fabrics feature in this, I still have two more to make almost the same, another one for the store and one for Ebay I think!


Well I'm just loving the last few days - Connor came home from school yesterday and promptly fell asleep! What a hard day he must have had!
Caiden is missing them, but he has me to annoy lol! Constantly by my side asking many questions! I wouldn't have it any other way though!
I'm making another charm square quilt - in red, pink & aqua - it's nearly done and I love the colours! I'll show you soon...
I hope you've all been having a great few days too!
Best wishes,
Jenelle

8 comments:

blushing rose said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! Love Cath Kidston! The quilt is really neat.
Anxious to see what new things you create again ...

Kids are adorable but what a hard life they have, chuckle!

Have a great day ~ TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

I'll watch with envy this week what you sew. I'm taking a break to give my swollen hands a rest. I love how your quilt turned out for you. Good for you being brave and going forwar. I must do the same now. I've got to do the stippling. I think if I say it enough times i'll actually get er done. Good job. Keep on sewing.

Anonymous said...

Yep, count me in on the envy thing as well. I love your handmade things. Your quilt turned out just superb, you clever clogs.
~S~ xxx

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jenelle,
WOW you have been very busy and everything is gorgeous. The new bag is so pretty. I love the quilts too. What a talent you are. All our creations are special.
Have fun!!
Hugs, Celestina Marie

cottonreel said...

The simplicity of this quilt is stunning . I,m a patchwork / quilter--cottonreel

Jodie said...

HI Jenelle, I couldn't reply to your comment because you come up as "no reply comment" but I got the Minkee at ballarat Patchwork- they have an online shop.

I love your stacked coins - it looks awesome.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Jenelle,
Wow, you have been very busy sewing lots of new goodies.
Thanks for offering to upsize the pattern for the slippers. I found a very old pair I hadn't thrown out that I can get a pattern off.
Hm, I need to clean out my cupboard more often.
Thanks for the comments on my blog.
I'm very new at blogging and still trying to work out my way around things.
Hugs, Anna

Robin said...

Your coins quilt is so soft and lovely! And backed with flannelette? Mmmm... so snuggly too!

It looks like you've been pretty productive! :)