Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Items & Painting all done!

I apologise in advance for this extremely long post...in my defense, it's made up of mainly photo's. I tried to take just a few, but got carried away, and couldn't bear to leave any out!
I've been so busy the last few days, trying to keep the kids entertained, swimming, friends over.... I've also managed to get in a little sewing.
Above are some fabric roses I made an attempt at, no stems lol, but I think they're cute!
I've spent the whole day today working on these diary / journal covers with matching mobile pouches / sunglasses case. I think they've turned out great!
Wildflower...



Cameo Rose Stripe...



Rose Garden Tea...



These stunning retro red ones are a gift for my sister Kristy's 21st next Friday! She's gonna love them! I'm also making her a matching laptop case, still waiting to be completed!



This set I decided to keep for myself...


In a previous post, I explained that last weekend would be filled with painting, well it was! My arms were so sore I didn't think I'd be able to finish.
Below are some 'Before' pic's. These were taken by the real estate agent before we bought the house - not our furniture!






And here is how the house now looks... I'm sooo happy with the end result. Much more me! Below is the timber bookcase I just painted, it brightens up the room so much, and makes my little pretties look so much cuter! You can also see the mocha feature wall Hubby painted!




The entry also got a feature wall in the mocha...




And this is the door out of my dining room, my most favourite room in the house! I just love the white timber panels. They were just so dark before.




Now this picture is a bit dark, but I'm pretty sure you can still see the dramatic difference from the 'Before' pic's of the bathroom.



Above is my favourite shelves on the bookcase, and below is a corner of my daughters room...


And the wall behind my bed...


The soft blue in the boys rooms...

Well I hope you're still with me after all that! Thanks for looking at all my things!

Best wishes,

Jenelle

5 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

Love the journal covers and the mobile phone pouches. They are great! The before and after pics are dramtic! Love it! You have been really busy Jenelle.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenelle,
Wow you have been super busy! i LOVE the journal covers, very clever, your fabric choices are just gorgeous.
The painting efforts really paid off, what a beautiful difference it makes, definitely very you.
Sarah xxx

The Pink Poodle said...

dear jenelle...found you via sarahs blog..
oh wow!! what a transformation..I LOVE REPAINTING decorating..and I think i have pretty much the same colour in the front two rooms of my house (feature walls as well)..

The only thing i dont like about you ... is that you can SEW & I CANNOT!!! (just joking)...OOHH how i wish i could sew..clever girl!!

OH WELL..keep up the lovely work..shall keep popping back..

xx andrea

Gabriela said...

Id love your blog. I follow it.Kisses from argentina

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

I LOVE the journal covers!! Ive been eyeing them off on ebay! SUPER pretty!! Love what youve done with the house!!
mands