Friday, March 6, 2009

Birthday quilt for my Mum...



I finally finished my stacked coins mini quilt. I decided to just quilt it in the ditch. It's my Mum's birthday next week so I think I may give it to her. I think it would look nice on the back of her new sofa...



This is the new bedspread I bought for my bed. Although it's a queen size it on barely covered the sides of the mattress. I was a bit dissapointed, but as I've been looking for a nice white one for a while now, I didn't want to return it.
The main problem was that I use the space under my bed for some storage! I have suitcases filled with fabric & chenille, along with two baskets full of shoes... and alot of other stuff.
So I decided to make this little bed skirt to hide everything. Now, as much as I like it, I actually think it may be a bit too much... I used the same fabric that I recovered my ottoman with. Well let me know your thoughts anyway.




The bedspread has a beautiful pattern...

I'm thinking of making a wine bottle carry bag for my Mum. Patchwork style, sort of like a gift bag & hand bag in one. She would love something like this to take a bottle of wine to a party. I'm still working out ideas in my head though so I'll let you know when I'm done...
I'm off to my husband's High School Reunion tonight. He's sooo looking forward to it! I won't know anybody so I don't exactly feel the same way. I'm actually quite a shy person, and I'm really not good at meeting new people for the first time. Well wish me luck..


Best wishes,
Jenelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've done very well with invention of the bedskirt to shore up the lack of length on the spread. I get irratated with too short bedspreads as my husband rolls and take the bedding with him. My bed is also on risers as we are both tall people and it's easier on our legs and backs.

your quilt is beautiful. What size is it? Very pretty colors. Nice work. Your mum will love it i'm sure.

Crafts a la Mode said...

Hmm.. I hear you about being shy - especially at a high school reunion. I'll bet you had fun, though, right? It's just getting past the jitters.
Take care, Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt, you clever woman!
Your mum will love it.
Have fun at the reunion, hope you hubby meets up with all his old mates & has lots of fun.
~S~ xxx