Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My new sewing desk!

I've been looking all over the place for a new sewing desk. I would have been more than happy to sand and re-paint, so I've been looking in all the second hand shops near me. But I'd found nothing till yesterday when I visited the Salvo's, and there was this sweet little desk - already perfectly painted white for me! I didn't want anything too big as I've got a little corner in my bedroom (I've been sewing on the dining table till now)


I slightly distressed the corners - but since decided I'd like it a little bit more distressed... So I'm thrilled to bits, I can leave my sewing machine out all the time - and nobody can whinge at me that they have no where to sit and eat dinner! Giggle! (4 kids & 2 adults - we kinda need the whole dining table!)

So with my new found sewing freedom I finished my grey & pink quilt top. I'd seen this design on Moda Bake Shop, and thought it would be great for this quilt. Now I just have to get it quilted...



And last of all I'm doing this
Pinwheel Baby Quilt. I finished all the pinwheels for the centre, and I have about a million Prairie Points to press tomorrow!



I love the retro look with the red and blue together! I'm tempted to make more pinwheels for a larger quilt to keep - I don't have any idea where I'm gonna keep all these new quilts...
I've recently found out a close friend of mine is pregnant! I'm sooo dying to make her a million things for the baby - but it's probably better to see what she has - only 29 weeks to go!
Best wishes,
Jenelle


7 comments:

Kim said...

What a great desk. I love both the style and color of it. So nice that you now have your own special little spot for sewing all of your beautiful quilts.

our shabby cottage said...

Wow, what a find Jenelle - even painted already, what a bonus! The quilt top is really pretty - When I was little I loved colouring with pink and grey! I still like the combination. Your pin wheels are perfect.

Sonja said...

What a perfect little sewing desk. It's great leaving the sewing machine out all the time. You can jump right in any time and sew a few.

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I am envious because every time I feel like sewing I have to get out the machine the pack it away when finished....mind you we have spent our fair share of dinners in the lounge room because the dining table has my stuff all over it!!!
Your quilts are just too perfect for words, just beautiful.
~S~ xxx

PamKittyMorning said...

The desk is adorable. And I love the pink and gray quilt. And those pinwheels with the perfect points are lovely.

blushing rose said...

What a sweet piece ... I can picture it adorned with gorgeous cottage accessories. Love those quilt pieces. Nearly like some feedsacks that arrived yesterday for me. Lovely post ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Jo in TAS said...

Thanks for popping by my blog Jenelle!
Love your sewing desk. I remember those days when I had to pack everything up, I couldn't go back now!