Sunday, March 15, 2009

Two more quilts...



Four quilts all done! So far...


This is my yo-yo flower quilt I showed pictures of previously. I finished it yesterday. I quilted it, added the spotty binding, and lastly washed and tumble dried it for that lovely crinkly look. It's not a very good size for usage really... I didn't think that far ahead, so I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet.






And this quilt is my favourite. I never did show any pic's of this one pre-quilted. The top was finished last year in May, just before our trip to Scotland. Completely random scrappy. Every single bit was from my scrap pile / hoard / draw...
It measures 62" x 45"
I originally made it so I could lay it over the back of the sofa, but I wanted something comfy to snuggle into. So it's on the back of sofa, and is so soft and crinkly - I just love it.
It was a long time getting finished...but I was a little nervous about the quilting part. Well I'm so over that nervousness now! I quilted these two for about 3.5 hours straight yesterday, and it felt like 5 minutes! Totally enjoyed it. My thumb has mysteriously gone numb, still is, but that's only a small price to pay. Lol!



I still have my 3" squares quilt to finish, and another large one I finished recently. I'm also in the process of making some baby quilts... More on them another day!
Best wishes,
Jenelle

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenelle, You did a lovely job on these quilts!! Will you be selling or do you make them for yourself and those you love? Are you doing your own stippling? I've never attempted that to this day and am thinking I need to step up to the plate and just do it.

Nice job my dear! Well don.

our shabby cottage said...

Jenelle, they look fab! Keep it up.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jenelle,
Your quilts are beautiful. You are such a talent. I love all the colors. Thank you for sharing your pretty work. Looking forward to seeing the baby quilts too.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy B'day to your hubby.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

María Isabel said...

Jenelle, i love your quilts, the fabrics the colours. Beautiful blogs
Greetings from uruguay Maria Isabel

Karen said...

So pretty!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Just lovely and the spotty binding finishes it off perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog set up - I am new to this whole journaling thing and have so much to learn. Your quilts are a delight to the eye. My M-I-L was born and raised in Sydney and my DH came to the US after WWII. I was fortunate to visit your beautiful country in 1994 on a Doreen Speckman Quilters Tour - memories to last a lifetime.