Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More quilts...! 1 finished!!

Well I've finally finished 1 quilt. This is a wall quilt I did using some Pinwheels (I think that's what they're called!) I found it a little hard to get the points to match so don't look too closely! I quilted it around the squares, and then added some rustic hand stitching in some of the triangles.
I'm quite proud of the way it turned out, no bunching at all of the backing fabric, but then again, it's quite small so we'll see how we go with a larger quilt...Lol! I made the binding with the scrappy leftover pieces.



A work in progress...


This was my idea for a quilt which I mentioned in my last post. I've been working on this one for a few days now. Alot more hand stitching than I'm used to...I usually hate hand stitching but actually quite enjoyed it with this quilt.







I love the way the yo-yo's & buttons look in this one... I will be quilting this in the next few days hopefully. Maybe even catch up on the other quilts I've done too! I've already got another quilt in mind...will it never end? I'm addicted!


By the way, the pale green/mint fabric from my last post is called 'Sweet As A Rose' from RJR Fabrics...

Best wishes,
Jenelle





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenelle,
You are one very clever (& patient!) woman. Can't wait to see what the others turn out like when they are finished.
~S~ xxx

maria clara said...

hola jenelle ! presioso trabajo!! hermosa combinacion de telas ! saludos desde Argentina !!!!

Anonymous said...

jenelle, You are doing this correctly. Go small and when comfortable, go up in size by 6 or 12 inches. This is how I learned my hands to receive the knowledge of size. It takes great patience and your off to a wonderful start! Beautiful wall quilt. Just beautiful.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the pinwheel quilt - such pretty fabric you have used. Love the idea of combineing some machine quilting with some hand quilted sections.