Monday, March 9, 2009

Wine Bottle Bag...

I finished this bag on Friday, it's for my Mum's birthday on Wednesday. The wine in and out of the bag is hers too! I'm sure she'll love them...
I'm really happy with how the bag turned out. I especially love the 3" squares I used for the front, then the quilting I did on top. I've already had a few comments from my friends that have popped over so I think I'll be making more of these.
My husband's reunion was Friday night, I had a pretty good time. More than ready to come home within the first hour, but then I got to know a few people and got chatting... as we do!
I ended up having to drag Hubby out of there by midnight, my best friend - babysitter was fast asleep on the couch (I felt sooo bad) but she was just glad I had a good time! Normally I'm home about 10pm when I know someone is sitting with the kids so they can go home...
Well I've been busy making another raggy quilt, this time it's all Chenille - pale pink, sage, white & cream. It's a sofa throw or a cot quilt. I'll show some pic's soon. Last night I cut some squares for another patchwork quilt. I'm sure I'll be finished with the top today!
Well I'm off to sew....
Best wishes,
Jenelle

4 comments:

Crafts a la Mode said...

That's what I need to say, "I'm off to sew".

Love the wine bag. Say Happy Birthday to your Mom from this blogger.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenelle,
The bottle bag turned out beautifully! You are one very clever chickie!!!!
Glad you had a great time at the reunion.
~S~ xxx

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

What a fabulous idea! You clever thing!!! I bet your Mum will love it (...and the wine!)
Cheers, Irene x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful job you did with this bag! I would love your pattern if you want to share. It's okay if your not comfortable with it. Otherwise, it is gorgeous!! I hope your mum will be thrilled with the gifts your giving her.

Happy birthday to your mum!