Friday, March 20, 2009

Mmmm Yum! Fabric shopping!

Well... I know I said I was going to be madly quilting yesterday, but I stopped in at Spotlight for some shopping. Well I got slightly carried away! I had two vouchers to get $40 off when you spend $100, so I decided I may as well use both! I bought so many sweet quilting fabrics, plus 5 metres of natural wadding, some plain quilt cotton, and some flannelette. I was quite happy to get all this for just $120. My trolley was full of fabric...and my two year old!


I wanted to get a range of grey prints, as I've been dying to make a pin and grey quilt as I think the colours go so well together. And a few more reds as I was sadly lacking them in my stash!


So now today will be quilting day! I have a few baby quilts tops to do, that I'll be listing on Ebay once they're completed. I've also got a birthday quilt to do for a friends daughter. Once all these are done, I can get stuck into all these yummy fabrics!

Best wishes,
Jenelle

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to let the coupons go to waste isn't it? I really get bugged when the stores have the massive sales on my off money weeks. Oy. Nice stash you just walked away with.

blushing rose said...

Beautiful fab's ... I love a good sale, I just love to buy!

I hope you will come join me at the blog I just started.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jenelle,
What wonderful fabrics you got shopping. Don't you love it when you hit a sale with vochers? You sure sound busy too. Love the pink and grey together also.
Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment.
Yes, the needleroll is even more pretty in person!
Hugs, Celestina Marie

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I love when spotlight send out those vouchers - such a saving and a good excuse to stock up on the basics.

The Pink Poodle said...

MMMM!! THEY ALL LOOK totally scrumptious..

and I am sure you will put all those yummy fabrics to GOOD use..

Isnt spotlight a great store??

xx andrea

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m truly amazed by your creativity and talent!
Debbie Moss
(England)

Anonymous said...

Hi there. You told me the instruction link for the stippling. I deleted the email ... oy... could you please send it to me again.

Thank you so much.