Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Raggy Quilt & More Bottle bags...

Two more bottle bags, this time made from pretty 'Shabby' fabrics. These will go on Ebay I think. I finished these early this morning. As a bonus they turned out a little larger (certainly not planned...Lol) so they can fit 2 bottles of wine!


These are quite simple to make, I've simply used 3" squares for the front, 3 across with 7 rows. Quilted onto wadding, then sewn into a drawstring bag. I don't have a pattern...I never use them. Just make it up as I go! Your welcome to give them a go.


This is the Chenille Raggy Quilt I mentioned in my last post. So soft and fluffy. I'll be listing it on Ebay tonight. It comes with it's own cushion to match. Perfect little throw for the sofa.
I've been meaning to make myself some pillow cases all week, but when I get an idea into my head for something else to make, everything goes out the window. My daughter is still waiting on hers too!
I also managed to finish the top to my 3" squares quilt. It was time consuming sewing all those tiny bits together but it looks great. I'm hoping to have time to quilt it in the next couple of days. Each quilt I make I like better than the one before, does that mean I just get bored easily? Or is it actually better? Not sure, but it keeps me sewing and creating more. I'm never short on ideas for things to make!
Well I'm off to go blog hopping!
Best wishes,
Jenelle

4 comments:

Crafts a la Mode said...

This looks so pretty, at first I thought it was a pretty little doll dress. Very nice as a gift. Linda

Anonymous said...

The bottle bags turned out just beautifully, will have to go & checkout ebay to see if you have listed them. That quilt is just lovely too!
~S~ xxx

Anonymous said...

Just lovely. I love the pinks all mixed in a patchwork pattern. They look crisp and new yet beckon of the olde days when every scrap was used in sewing. Nice job.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the wine bottle bags - what a great idea! They look gorgeous.